Reading Time: < 1 minutes
BREAKING NEWS – US Fires Missiles into Syria in a single strike.
- The US fired 59 Tomahawk Missiles from US Navy Destroyers in the Mediterranean Sea.
- The cost of the missiles, depending on the model, is somewhere between $500,000 to $1.5 million each. The range of the total missile costs alone is between $29.5 and $94.5 million.
- The target was an airfield near Homs, Syria that the chemical weapons were launched from earlier in the week.
- Both Infrastructure and planes were hit in the strike.
- According to initial reports from The Pentagon, the US did not target or hit the runways. Later reports from The Pentagon have said that both runways were heavily damaged.
- The Whitehouse(C-SPAN) released a 3 minute video of President Trump during which he said that he authorized the strike in retaliation for and to “prevent and deter” the use of chemical weapons.
- Russia was warned previous to the strike. Syria seemed to be aware the strikes were coming as they moved many of their assets and troops from the location previous to the strike as well.
- Russia currently has military working in concert with Syria in the area.
- There are US troops on the ground within the Syrian borders fighting against ISIS.
- At the time of posting, there has only been a single strike and there is no indication that another strike has been planned.